27 October 2005

Dear Roommates,

Why are you so loud? I don't like it when you listen to bad music, especially when I'm trying to sleep. I also don't like it when you attempt to sing along to your bad music (and fail miserably), especially when I'm trying to sleep. How come you always turn on your bad music really loud and then leave the room? At least have some degree of courtesy, please. You know, there's this really awesome invention that's been around for quite a few years now. You might try investing in a pair of headphones. They're really very handy.

It's very annoying when you slam the door so hard. It makes me cringe when I'm awake; imagine what it does to me when I have to wake up to that sound followed by my walls vibrating. I really do not like getting woken up to slamming doors and yelling. If you're going to open the door, either leave it open so I can shut it nicely later (or when I wake up), or learn how to shut it without slamming it. I would really appreciate it.

The bottom line is this: I value my existence. I am already unfortunate enough to have to live in the same room with you this year and put up with all of your noise and annoyances, so please at least try to make my stay as least crappy as possible.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can talk with them. How many are there? What dorm are you in? That's rude to play music while you're sleeping. At first I thought you were talking about the room next door, not your own! That's horrible. I guess its all part of the process. Next year, you can stay in an apartment or house of your choice.

4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer-it's been nice reading your blog! You have brought back college roomate memories for me! My first year of college I shared the room a size of a closet with 2 other girls...one of them stayed up until 3 or 4 in the morning blasting her music on the computer..while i was trying to sleep and then she would sleep until 3pm...oh those were the days! Good luck..you should talk to them. Hope everything else is going good. How many roomates do you have? Love, Emily Hedges

10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home